Tuesday, April 28, 2009

The rain finally came yesterday. It's amazing how much it freshened up the atmosphere. The grass is beginning to look like grass again and not straw, the spuds are really starting to flourish, and the Sunflowers which only poked their little heads above the soil 4 short days ago, are between three and four inches high now, and taking over my living room window sill. The peppers are looking lovely; I'll re pot them into 12.5cm pots in the next few days. The tall Nasturtiums have germinated, as have the tomato plants.

The seeds from the BBC's Digin campaign arrived this morning, so I sowed the 5 Butternut Squash seeds (Hunter variety), some of the Tomato seeds (Gardener's Delight), a row of Bolthardy Beetroot. I sowed a pot of French Dwarf mix Marigolds outside.

I came to a bit of a scary revolation today - what the heck am I going to do with all the flowers I have sown from seed? It's my own fault; I should have read the back of the pack properly. I now realise that the original pack of Nasturtiums were of the tall, single mixed variety. How the feck did I think that a 1.8m plant would fit in between our onion and leek beds!??!!?!?!?!?

No comments: