Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Broke my new phone. Gutted.

Meanwhile, in the garden...........

Decided that the planned bed for Spring bulbs under the tree will have to wait. Really need to improve drainage at the top of the garden where we're growing veg first.

I gave the Pansy Palace (yes, I am that sad to name a bed) a major overhaul today. It had become overgrown with Nasturtiums, and the pansies in there had become really leggy. So I pulled everything out. Went to B&Q to have a look round. Came away with 30 pansies for £3, 12 lovely yellow Violas for £3, and a wonderful Christmas Box for almost £7. Enriched the soil with half a bag of the compost that was delivered the other day, and planted everything. I'm delighted with the way it looks. Interplanted the bed with 30 Salome Daffodils.

No comments: