Tuesday, December 11, 2007

At last - someone who speaks sense!!

The head of Britain's equality watchdog is now officially on my Christmas card list, after saying that us Brits should be allowed to celebrate Christmas as we always have and to ignore those idiots who are calling for Christmas to be downgraded (as reported on by me in a previous post).

The thing I find most interesting about the article is that the answer to a question I posed in the previous blog entry regarding people of other faiths opinion of downgrading Christmas has had a few answers - namely from Dr Indarjit Singh, director of the Network of Sikh Organisations UK and Anil Bhanot, the Hindu Council UK's general secretary who has joined forces with Mr Phillips.

Anil Bhanot said: "Hindus celebrate Christmas too. It's a great holiday for everyone living in Britain. We would like Christians to continue to carry Jesus' message of love. Barring the faiths of others does not fit in with the Hindu religion."

While Dr Indarjit Singh said: "Every year I am asked, 'do I object to the celebration of Christmas?' It's an absurd question.

"As ever, my family and I will send out our Christmas cards to our Christian friends and others. In the spirit of Christmas, we in the Singh family will, as usual, force ourselves to have extra turkey, Christmas pudding and mince pies, the lot - all in the cause of inter-faith harmony. No one can say Sikhs don't go the extra mile."


How lovely, eh. Made me smile.

No comments: